Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What more is there?

September has arrived and I'm in full swing for the fall. I've been editing a manuscript over the past month after receiving some good advice from an editor. My sister is reading another of my manuscripts to see if it is ready for publication. I trust her judgment. Also yesterday I was part of a panel that presented to 170 students from different disciplines about stigma and mental illness. We were very well-received. I felt relaxed during the event even though last week I was stressed about it.

Today I had a curry chicken lunch that costs a dollar at a place downtown. I attended a games day there, played blackjack and had friendly conversation. Speaking of food, I'm having dim sum with relatives tomorrow. My birthday is on Friday and I plan to volunteer at a sales table for the Art Studios at Vancouver General Hospital. Then it's to the PNE on Saturday.

Next week I'm entering a juried exhibition with six of my paintings. Walking forty minutes a day really helped my stress level. Also getting more sleep is good too. What have I learned? Take each day as it comes, one step at a time. Don't worry about the future or things you can't control. I've experienced lots of change over the past several months. I feel productive and content.

What more is there?

No comments: