Saturday, August 7, 2010

Living the life that dreams are made of

After a long siesta, I'm back in the saddle on blogspot. I've been having a busy year. Publishing a memoir; being an editor of Majestic, an online newsletter for writers; and layout designer of Four Seasons, a literary magazine; and doing my art. I feel like I'm on the crest of the wave, moving into new territory, expanding my horizon, living my dream.

How does a person with schizoaffective disorder manage to wear so many hats? She keeps her goals in mind. No one really tells me to do anything. I just find new projects. I'm not technically working as in a full-time job - just bits and pieces when I have time.

How is the self-care going? You know the stuff I'm supposed to do to stay well? I recently bought a 3 month flexipass for the fitness centre and pool. I'm making exercise a priority because of weight gain from Zyprexa. I'm too young to have high cholesterol, I was told.

My book launch is coming up October 2nd at Vancouver General Hospital. I should be happy and excited but I'm anxious as well. I hope it goes well. I'm looking for book reviewers on the Internet and putting the word out. Soon the day will come, but until then I'll try to relax.

No comments: