Tuesday, October 19, 2010

5 star reviews and a documentary

I was happy to receive two 5 star reviews for My Schizophrenic Life on Amazon and Goodreads. One is by Jen Knox, author of Musical Chairs. The other is from Stuart Ross McCallum, author of Beyond my Control: One Man's Struggle with Epilepsy, Seizure Surgery & Beyond. Both could identify with the book and had some good things to say. If you look under REVIEWS you can find their reviews.

Meanwhile, I had a filming session to be in a documentary produced by Vancouver Film School students. The film is about my recovery seen through my eyes and from my family's point of view. Also my book will be highlighted. On Sunday, I was interviewed on camera for an hour then the crew recorded me reading quotes from the book. My mother was interviewed today at the house where I grew up. My sister will be interviewed tomorrow. They are compiling a lot of footage and images for this ten-minute film. It will be in production for awhile. I look forward to seeing it on YouTube!

1 comment:

BeyondBeautifulBabe said...

Congratulations on the release of your book and the filming of your story! Your book sounds brave and amazing -- and I look forward to reading it.
www.beyondbeautifulbabe.com